Signal processing and Interledger

Hi!
I am final year of BSc in Electrical Engineering and on the end I must do some small project or do better research some material that we worked on classes. Because I am interested in Interledger I would like to do some project that can further improve and connect with Interledger (using Moneyd maybe simplest option) and with this project I want learn and improve my knowledge about Interledger.
I decide to do that final project on course Signals and systems. In conversation with my professor general topic will need be around Fourier analysis and a fast Fourier transform of signal.

So I have some ideas but I don’t like them too much because I can’t see real use case in them.

• using oscilloscope I will measure current form inverters or some other source and base on absolute value of signal every small base period Moneyd it will make payment from one account to another
  • a game where two players are betting who will call a pre-set tone (frequency) more accurately in their voice. One that generates greater energy for a certain tone in some time(e.g. 5 sec) reduced by the energy of noise is a winner and wins the pre-invested amount on both sides. What I understand here I should use Codius to program that smart contract

So I am asking a community if you have some ideas in space of signal processing that can after be connected to Interledger to make some payments?

Thank you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rhythm Analysis - Play a segment of beats, and ask someone to repeat the beats. Each one they match they get some drops

Vibration Analysis - Hook an accelerometer up, the person that matches the dance steps most closely wins some drops (or drops per matched dance move)

2 Likes

Paying for power usage with streaming payments is kind of a cool idea. There’s a demo on youtube using interledger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjtKNiPP7B8.

If you want to use FFTs, you could measure the frequency of the incoming electrical supply to get a measure of the load on the total electrical grid, then adjust payment rate based on that.

Or going further, find a way of encoding data packets over power lines? You’ll probably need fourier transforms to decode data.

1 Like