Listing or catalog of ledger connectors

It would be nice to have a catalog of all connectors or ILP enabled ledgers.
Maybe there is already something like that? Where can I find this?

1 Like
1 Like

Those are all the connectors that allow moneyd instances to connect to them as children using XRP. There’s more connectors in the network though, because not all of them take on moneyd children.

I agree with MarkV that it would be good to have a site somewhere with a complete network graph

Ican build a site, but wouldn’t know where/how to get a list of available connectors

I would happily build this if I knew how to get the info from and what sort of information about connectors can be gleaned

1 Like

Was wondering if Ripple’s xCurrent appliances as well can be seen as interledger connectors.
Ripple has always been stating that xCurrent uses the ILP as a protocol (not sure if they use their own “version”?) so this means that each bank or FI, connected to xCurrent in theory has it’s ledger connected by way of ILP. Or do I see that wrong?

Ripple’s network of banks are currently not connected to or accessible from the open Interledger, and Ripple’s products use a number of proprietary protocols on top of an Interledger-inspired foundation. It is possible that both of these could change in the future if there’s demand from banks to connect to the open Interledger, but that’s a decent ways off.

1 Like

what happened to https://connector.land/

So connector discovery is done manually?

https://interledger.org/rfcs/0010-connector-to-connector-protocol/

Might be wrong, but I guess that somewhere in the future every(:grinning:?) individual has its own list of contacts with their “ledgerpointer” for payments. Comparable with email addresses where the federation is in the address, those pointers with have the specific connector nominated.
In the mean time it would be interested to see the network “grow” with some sort of central register of all available connectors. Not just for fun, but also to stimulate early adopters and devs…

Or not done manually, but via the CCP

How nodes populate their local routing table depends on the type of node. For a client, the typical routing table is likely just hardcoded and says something like: “Send everything to my Interledger access provider.” At the other extreme, a tier 1 Interledger connector will have almost every possible destination in its routing table which it assembled from routing updates that are circulating via CCP (connector-to-connector protocol), a path vector routing protocol.

XRP Ledger pathfinding works very differently because the entire network topology is known by all participants, so we can calculate the entire route locally. This type of routing is sometimes called link-state routing. We went with path-vector routing for Interledger because it provides more flexibility and scalability in an open network setting. Also, because the Internet uses path-vector routing, there is a tremendous amount of research and experience that we can leverage.

We dropped the ball on maintaining it but it would be great to get it restarted if someone has the bandwidth!

Currently, yes.

For moneyd, the uplink selects a random connector from the list that’s just maintained on Github and updated by pull request.

Agreed!

CCP is how connectors find out about destinations they are indirectly connected to. Connectors manually select which other connectors they peer with. I think it makes sense for that to be an explicit, manual process but a) it would be good to have more statistics about connectors and b) it wouldn’t be the worst thing to reduce the amount of configuration that’s involved in peering.

I dont know if I have the bandwidth, but am happy to be the torch bearer for connector.land

3 Likes

One option is to connect a tier 1 connector to the network that basically takes incoming CCP routes to populate a network graph that is published on connector.land

1 Like

Evan

Do you have the source code for the website? (Would make it much faster) I may be able to help with this.

Guessing this is it: https://github.com/interledger/connector.land