Hello! I am a VP of Engineering at Snowball. We are working on a development of an investment platform enabling retail investors to invest in diversified portfolios of crypto indexes.
We are exploring a possibility to utilize Interledger Protocol to increase the efficiency of our infrastructure.
Currently our infrastructure includes the following:
= cash in =
- We get user money via ACH via PrimeTrust as acquiring
- We send money from PrimeTrust to cryptocurrency exchange
- We execute orders to by crypto (based on portfolio)
- We send crypto to PrimeTrust as custodian
** we store some money in advance on exchange to speed up payments
= life cycle =
a) if user decides to change portfolio, we need to sell and buy some crypto
b) if asset allocation of index portfolio changes, we need to sell and buy some crypto for all users
= cash out =
- we send crypto from PrimeTrust to Exchange
- we sell crypto
- we send fiat (USD) to PrimeTrust
- we send fiat from PrimeTrust to client bank via ACH
- many cash in options via different psp providers
- many cash out options via different psp providers
- many liquidity pools: different exchanges, OTC pools, etc
Would be very grateful for any recommendations on how we can improve our current/future processes by integrating the Interledger?