Here are the meeting minutes and recordings from the 14th December 2022 Interleder Community call:
For those new to our community, ILF stands for Interledger Foundation. We are a community of technologists, digital creatives, researchers, entrepreneurs, and educators working to build new pathways to financial inclusion and equity through digital transactions.
00:00 == ILF Updates ==
ILP Summit - Summary:
Last month, the Interledger Foundation held the ILP Summit in New Orleans, where over 107 community members from 19 countries attended in person, and over 1,100 people joined virtually. The welcome reception and expo featured the 2022 ILP-Financial Services grant awardees showcasing their projects, which helped kick off the conversations and set the stage for the following two days.
– Photos: Collection: Interledger (ILP) Summit 2022
— if you would not like your photos to be in the Album, let us know and we’ll remove them.
During the event, industry leaders shared their knowledge and experiences on open payments and financial inclusion ecosystems. Some of the speaker sessions included:
– Briana Marbury, Executive Director of the Interledger Foundation, talked about the State of Interledger.
– Sabine Schaller, Research and Development Lead at Coil, demonstrated how Rafiki enables open payments.
– Stefan Thomas, the co-founder of Interledger and CEO of Coil, presented Dassie: An Interledger Peer-to-Peer Network.
– Adrian Hope-Bailie, the co-founder and CEO of fynbos, discussed the role of Payment Pointers as the Universal Payment Instrument.
We are thrilled about the connections made and the ideas generated at the ILP Summit that will help bring financial inclusion and open payments to the world.
== Development Updates ==
- We have started working on the Testnet, with four new developers working on it.
— Timea Nagy, Rico Gonzalez, Radu Popa, and Dragos Palade.
- We’re looking to hire people
– Careers link: https://interledger-foundation.breezy.hr/
– Do share with your networks!
05:38 == Rafiki ==
08:35 == Fynbos updates ==
- We are busy doing beta testing in our production environment with a small group of users
- We anticipate inviting all of the users on the waitlist to open an account in early January
- We are working with Coil to ensure that users Fynbos users can use their payment pointers for Web Monetization
- We’ll be exploring new territories outside the USA in the new year
== Community Projects ==
09:35 @Nicole Li - introducing their project Elementari.
Slide deck: Elementari x Interledger Community Dec Call - Google Slides
Kult’s first draft of the digital wallet documentation will soon be shared with the community.
== Community Call Recordings ==