Interledger Connector for Hyperledger?

Understand that Interledger is an open protocol suite for sending payments across different ledgers – supports and integrates with Bitcoin, Ethereum (IS 20022)

Does Interledger supports hyperledger and/or vice versa? i.e., any integration possibilities between Interledger and Hyperledger? i.e., hyperledger <-> interledger <-> ethereum and/or bitcoin?

Understand that Hyperledger does not have cryptocurrency but I might have digital assets within my hyperledger network that can be exchanged with ether or bitcoin.

Thus I wish to know if there are integration possibilities between Hyperledger and Interledger?

Hi Richard,

We actually have a team working with Hyperledger specifically on interledger. The project name is Hyperledger Quilt, and it is a Java library for interledger. Interledger has the capacity to connect any ledger, so yes Interledger would be capable of integrating whichever underlying Hyperledger you’re using (Besu, Burrow, Fabric, etc.) with any other ledger like ETH or BTC. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best,
Austin

Hi @RichardPierce,

I’m one of the maintainers of Hyperledger Quilt. We’ve also built a full ILP Connector in Java that uses Quilt for all underlying ILP primitives.

Feel free to reach out if you want to discuss use-cases of ILP & Hyperledger. Additionally, there’s a bi-weekly Hyperledger Quilt call that might be interesting to you where we could also discuss these ideas.

The next call is this Wednesday, Dec 18th if you want to join.

Thanks,
david