Community Call - July 8th, 2020

The next community call will be on 2020-07-08T16:00:00Z

Dial in via Zoom

Please post topics you’d like to discuss here and some background context for the rest of the community (preferably not a few hours before the call so everyone has a chance to do some background reading).

Can we discuss the website revamp and wording.

• Setup a group to drive the process
  • Decide on how we want to do it (ie vuepress etc)
2 Likes

PROPOSAL

Move the Interledger website to Docusaurus for consistency, we’re already using it for Open Payments and Web Monetization and it’s working well.

Move the published RFCs into the same repo as the website and update the process to use the RFCs repo as a place for WIP RFCs and move them to the website when they’re ready.

2 Likes

+1 on Docusaurus and consistency :paw_prints:

1 Like

Open to Docusaurus though I think we should probably improve the theme a bit :slight_smile:

This seems like it’d still require manual synchronization work, no? I think it’s good to keep the RFCs repo as the canonical source of truth for both WIP and finalized docs, and then separately have the website publish them.

IMO, the problem with the current website is that it requires manually rebuilding based on the RFCs repo, but I think we can fix this: we just need a push in the rfcs repo to trigger a CI run in the website repo, which would redeploy the site. We could use Github Actions’ repository_dispatch event and e.g. this action to accomplish that.

1 Like